Broadband Outreach Position
VTel is seeking full or part-time result-driven individuals to sell VTel’s new “triple play” package (Television, High-Def Phone, and Internet) throughout our service territory in Southern Vermont. Successful candidates will not be afraid to pick up the phone or knock on a door! This customer facing role requires door-to-door visits to represent VTel during service installations and increase customer understanding of VTel’s new service offerings. Candidate must be passionate about technology, and have strong interpersonal skills. Salary will be primarily derived from sales (approximately 15% of annual sales).
Customer Service Representative
Vermont Telephone Company, Inc. seeks several Customer Service Representatives to work full-time in Springfield, VT. We can teach you how to use our computers, data screens, and telephones, but you need to start with a strong desire to deliver 'best-In-Vermont' customer service to VTel customers.
Base compensation is $31,200, plus significant bonuses based on sales and customer service performance. Successful sales people can earn up to 20% of the base compensation in bonuses. Candidates for this unique opportunity should be prepared to train with us on a temporary basis to ensure mutual compatibility. Successful candidates will also receive a highly competitive cafeteria menu of 401K, life insurance, and health insurance benefits.
VTel is in the process of creating a state-of-the-art 10-Gig fiber network, and we are looking for experienced IP Network Technicians to support this network. You will join a team of experienced technicians maintaining an advanced Ethernet-based network. This includes voice service, high-speed broadband, and IPTV. This is an opportunity for an individual to help transform our network from the old TDM infrastructure to the new IP Ethernet world. This position requires the ability to troubleshoot and maintain data networks, and assess service capacity needs to meet customer demands.
Internet Support Staff
Main Job Responsibilities:
· Configuring customer equipment to connect to the Internet, for DSL, and FTTH Internet customers either wired or wireless.
· Performing accurate creation of new accounts and maintaining existing accounts, using company provided software tools.
· Monitoring and troubleshooting customer services logically, utilizing company provided software tools.
· Providing customers with product and service information to enhance sales and customer service.
· Answering customer calls respectfully and patiently.
· Troubleshooting connectivity issues for both DSL and dial-up, using a broad range of tools and experience.
· Completing trouble tickets
· Setting up email account in various email clients. Familiarity with a broad range of setting and configurations in a variety of email clients.
· Testing, packaging and programming modems, routers and netbooks.
· Monitoring and responding to customer voicemails and emails.
· Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
· Proficient in Internet-related applications, such as e-mail clients, FTP clients, and web browsers
· Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
· Experienced with hardware and software troubleshooting
· Excellent communication (both oral and written)
Mediaroom IPTV Engineer
This position focuses on Microsoft’s IPTV (IPTV = Internet Protocol Television) product called Mediaroom. You are required to have solid technical understanding of Microsoft TV’s Mediaroom platform and core product components including but not limited to Windows Server, SQL Server, System Center tools, etc. as well as strong troubleshooting skills with technical depth in at least two areas of the technology.
Candidates must have good customer service, problem solving, and communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. Must have sufficient technical depth to communicate with both internal and external contacts and have the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical individuals. Must possess the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Roles and Responsibilities
Required Skills, Behaviors, and Knowledge
IP / Optical Network Engineer
The IP Network Engineer role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including network design strategy, network engineering, implementation, migration planning, service design, proof of concept testing, optimization services, and development of training.
This position will be required to work in a consultative manner with vendors, project management, product development, sales engineering, customer services, and systems engineering to scope and deliver professional service projects, which can include the following responsibilities: